Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Burnout, compassion fatigue, and vicarious trauma are landmines in the field of addiction work. Many of us struggle with work demands, familial expectations, and the desire for a fulfilling personal life. Our supervisors remind us of self-care, but who has the energy to add one more task to a stressful day? In order to thrive in this field, it’s crucial we shine a light on what really matters when it comes to caring for ourselves and the barriers that get in the way of being our best selves. This experiential workshop will differentially define burnout, compassion fatigue, and vicarious trauma; provide a deep understanding of self-compassion; and support participants in evaluating crucial components of their individual self-care plan to support the healthiest version of themselves.
- Define burnout, compassion fatigue, and vicarious trauma.
- Explain the components of self-compassion and demonstrate an understanding of tools to enhance self-compassion practices.
- Analyze the necessary components to create an individualized plan to decrease stress.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is not eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours.
Sarah Buino, LCSW, CADC, CDWF, is the founder of Head/Heart Therapy, Inc. She is a licensed clinical social worker, certified addictions counselor, Certified Daring WayTM facilitator (Brené Brown’s shame-resilience curriculum), and adjunct faculty member at Loyola University and Fordham University. She holds a Master’s degree from Loyola University in Chicago and specializes in shame and substance use disorders. Buino integrates her knowledge of complementary healing modalities such as music, yoga, reiki, and the chakra system into her clinical practice to help clients enhance their authenticity. She’s also the host of a podcast Conversations With a Wounded Healer which examines the role of one’s own healing while being a care-giving professional.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters. Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.