Women in Recovery Specialty Online Training Series, Part Six: Come On Get Happy - Women, Recovery, and Happiness
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Specialty Online Training Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Friday, May 20, 2022
This webinar is sponsored by Women for Sobriety.
Everyone in recovery wants to discover the techniques to enhance their life’s purpose, well-being, and ability to thrive, but women have a unique journey to elevate their happiness. This presentation will look at the science of happiness, as well as offer a dozen strategies to enhance your life and your happiness quotient. You’ll enjoy this interactive presentation that has real-life techniques to help women thrive.
Joy Erlichman Miller, PhD, is an internationally known licensed psychotherapist, professional trainer, and author. Miller is the founder and director of Joy Miller & Associates in Peoria, Illinois. She is an Illinois state Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, as well as a Certified Master Addictions Counselor. Additionally, Miller is an adjunct professor at Bradley University. The author of seven books, Miller is a leading authority on relationship issues and Holocaust studies. She has appeared on the Sally Jessy Raphael, Oprah Winfrey, Jenny Jones, Montel Williams, and Geraldo Rivera shows. Miller also hosted a mental health segment on NBC and CBS television affiliates for 25 years. She is the founder & CEO of Resiliency Forums, a free live-stream site that serves as the largest resiliency conference in the world. In 2021, the event had over 7,000 participants from 111 countries around the globe. The celebrity team has included Jill Biden, EdD, Glenn Close, Alanis Morissette, Erin Brockovich, Tara Brach, Alyson Camerota, India Aria, Edith Eger, PhD, Julianne Hough, Pete Buttigieg, Ariana Huffington, and many more.
- Participants will be able to define three ways happiness can impact women in recovery.
- Participants will be able to state three outcomes of happiness studies.
- Participants will be able to identify at least three to five strategies to enhance happiness and well-being in women in recovery.
- Intermediate level courses provide information that builds on knowledge practitioners with some experience already have. These courses focus on skill-building or adding knowledge, possibly following a brief overview of basic information, and involve using information in concrete situations and understanding the underlying structure of the material.
Polls and Q&A.
Receive 1.5 CEs for $25.
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
A Certificate of Completion for 1.5 CEs is available by participating in this specialty online training and passing an online CE quiz. Those who successfully complete the full series and pass all six CE quizzes for this six-part series will be eligible to apply for the Certificate of Achievement for Women in Recovery in the Addiction Profession.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click on it.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your account in the NAADAC Education Center. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and downloading your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours. Click here for NAADAC Social Worker certificate instructions.
This course meets the qualifications for one and a half (1.5) hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.