Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Problem gambling is linked to many individual, public health, and social problems, including depression, suicide, significant debt, bankruptcy, family conflict, domestic violence, neglect and maltreatment of children and criminal offenses. As with any addiction, treatment and early intervention utilizing various approaches can be very effective. This workshop will provide an overview and analysis of sports gambling expansion, emerging trends in the sports gambling market, the behavioral, emotional and psychological warning signs, and the increasing need for prevention, treatment, and recovery resources to be made available for those seeking assistance.
- Identify the top trends impacting the sports betting gambling markets.
- The participant will learn more about the impact sports gambling expansion is having around the country within the drug and alcohol and mental health communities.
- The participant will explore issues surrounding prevention, treatment, and recovery for those struggling with sports gambling and addiction.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is not eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours.
Daniel Trolaro, MS, is the Assistant Executive Director for 800-GAMBLER in New Jersey. He has spoken at dozens of events around the state and country about the “Dis” Ease of Addiction, emerging trends in video gaming, and the convergence and connection with disordered gambling. Whether speaking on prevention strategies, emerging trends, responsible gaming or recovery resources, Trolaro discusses the concept of gambling, addiction switching, co-occurrence, and behaviors associated with this devastating addiction.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters. Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.