NAADAC Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
NAADAC is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and NAADAC staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NAADAC staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all NAADAC meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NAADAC but held in conjunction with NAADAC events, on public or private platforms.
NAADAC has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings, trainings, and events. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, NAADAC asks that you inform Jessica Gleason, JD, Deputy Director at [email protected] or 703-741-7686 x130 so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NAADAC staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NAADAC staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NAADAC throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any NAADAC virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. NAADAC reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of power point presentations, Q&A, or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
NAADAC reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and NAADAC reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.