Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on April 23, 2015
Produced in partnership with The Change Companies
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria are the most widely used guidelines for assessment, service planning, placement, continued stay and discharge of patients with addictive disorders. A new edition was released in October 2013. This free webinar will update participants on what is new since the last edition ASAM PPC-2R, 2001. It will highlight compatibility with DSM-5 and new sections on older adults, criminal justice clients, parents with children and people in safety sensitive occupations. It will also discuss emerging approaches in addiction around Tobacco Use Disorder and Gambling Disorder.
- Identify what is new in the new edition of The ASAM Criteria and how it was developed;
- Review what new sections were added and why; and
- Discuss how to apply The ASAM Criteria in a variety of settings and with different populations.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
David Mee-Lee, M.D. is a board-certified psychiatrist, and is certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM). Based in Davis, California, he trains and consults both nationally and internationally. Dr. Mee-Lee has led the development of the ASAM Criteria for the Treatment of Substance-Related Disorders since the late 1980â€™s. He has been the Chief Editor all editions of ASAMâ€™s criteria (American Society of Addiction Medicine), including a new edition, The ASAM Criteria â€“ Treatment Criteria for Addictive, Substance-Related, and Co-Occurring Conditions, Third Edition (2013). He is also Senior Vice President of The Change Companies and has over thirty years experience in person centered treatment and program development for people with co-occurring mental health and substance use conditions.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.