Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Sexual addiction, like so many other addictions, has a long history of misunderstanding and misinformation. In this webinar, a brief background of the latest scientific evidence supporting a diagnosis of sexual addiction will be presented, along with an understanding of how to make an accurate assessment using a tool similar to CAGE and a unique perspective of recovery over time from this addiction. The material will be presented with practical tools and on-line resources that clinicians can begin using immediately.
- Ability to administer a 5-minute assessment tool to screen for sexual addiction.
- Identify 6 key characteristics of individuals in early recovery and long-term recovery.
- Ability to locate evidence-based research on sexual addiction.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is not eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours.
Kathy Kinghorn, LCSW, SAP, CSAT-S, is the Clinical Director and co-owner of Therapy Utah. She is a Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist Supervisor and a Certified Multiple Addiction Therapist. Kinghorn has presented at conferences across the country on the topics of sexual addiction and betrayal trauma. Kinghorn has presented at national conferences, local events and in a variety of training environments. She was featured in Utah Valley Magazine as one of the valley’s “Fabulous 40” in 2013. She is a member of NAADAC and IITAP, and frequently trains fellow therapists on the topic of sexual addiction. Kinghorn has served on the Utah Coalition Against Pornography advisory board and is currently serving on the advisory board for Sundance Academy.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters. Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.