Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Gambling disorder affects one percent of the US population. However, it was not recognized as a psychiatric disorder until 1980. This webinar will help learners get up-to-date on the latest research on gambling disorder. Specifically, it will focus on the prevalence of the disorder, at-risk subpopulations, the revised diagnostic code in DSM-5, options for brief screening, treatment strategies and relapse prevention.
- Utilize the DSM-5 diagnostic code for gambling disorder.
- Identify the treatment strategy with the most research support.
- Utilize brief screening for gambling disorder.
- Identify the role of co-occurring disorders in clients with gambling disorder.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Christine Reilly, is the Senior Research Director of the National Center for Responsible Gaming (NCRG), the only national organization dedicated to helping disordered gamblers and their families through high quality scientific research and evidence-based education programs. Reilly is responsible for coordinating the research grants program, the Annual NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction, the NCRG Webinar Series, and other educational programs. She previously served as the Executive Director of the Institute for Research on Pathological Gambling and Related Disorders at Harvard Medical School and Cambridge Health Alliance. She earned her Master of Arts degree from Vanderbilt University and graduated magna cum laude from Randolph-Macon Woman’s College
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.