Free NAADAC Webinar
A Live, Interactive Webinar
Wednesday, June 29, 2022 @ 3:00-5:00pm ET (2CT/1MT/12PT)
Historically, relapse prevention has focused on behaviors and situational triggers. This new approach to relapse prevention incorporates the amygdala response and trauma-focused emotional triggers that typically lead to relapse even when things are going well. Participants will develop a new understanding of relapse prevention from this trauma-informed model of care. By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to: identify emotional triggers that lead to relapse; recognize patterns of avoidance that typically lead to relapse; and develop effective coping strategies for long-term stability in recovery.
Gwendolyn Bammel, LMSW, CAADC, CCS, CTS, is the Clinical Supervisor of Ascension Eastwood Recovery Center at 12 Mile and Greenfield in Metro Detroit. As a person in long-term recovery she has dedicated her career to helping others find their path to wholeness. She worked in all levels of care, from residential to IOP to OP over the past 20 years. She loves helping others find wholeness and healing.
- Participants will be able to identify three core emotional triggers that lead to relapse.
- Participants will be able to recognize patterns of avoidance that typically lead to relapse.
- Participants will be able to help their clients develop effective coping strategies for long-term stability in recovery.
- Beginning level courses introduce learners to a content area; include information about a condition, treatment method, or issue; and involve learning and comprehending content.
Polls and Q&A.
Education is FREE to all professionals.
Earn 2 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, complete the online evaluation, and pass the CE quiz.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
- Upon completing the webinar, click on the “Online CE Quiz” link above in the grey box to complete the online evaluation survey and CE quiz, and get your CE certificate. This link will be made available after the webinar takes place. NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $25 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your NAADAC profile. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and CE Certificate.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.