Training & Professional Development Coordinator
Remote or in-office
10-15% of time
Training & Professional Development Content Manager
The Training & Professional Development Coordinator, as a team member of the NAADAC Training & Professional Development Department, is responsible for coordinating training logistics and supporting live, on-demand, and in-person training programs and workshops. This is an administrative support role that requires attention to detail, project management skills, administrative experience, initiative and time management. Responsibilities include customer support and administrative oversight for the NAADAC Approved Education Providers program, and monitoring effectiveness of all NAADAC trainings and webinars through weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting. The Training Coordinator will also be expected to provide technical support and technology assistance for presenters and support virtual trainings as a live training admin. Success relies on being able to work in a fast-paced environment, customer satisfaction through improved member survey experience scores, and well-organized execution of all planned NAADAC educational activities.
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals, represents the professional interests of more than 100,000 addiction counselors, educators and other addiction-focused health care professionals in the United States, Canada and abroad. NAADAC’s members are addiction counselors, educators and other addiction-focused health care professionals, who specialize in addiction prevention, treatment, recovery support and education. An important part of the healthcare continuum, NAADAC members and its 47 state and international affiliates work to create healthier individuals, families and communities through prevention, intervention, quality treatment and recovery support.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience in administrative assistance, workforce development and/or training, or Learning Management System (LMS) support.
- Experience as a training specialist or training coordinator preferred.
- Preference for those with Training Industry Certifications, with applied experience using adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated ability to guide applicants through a complex application process and provide patient customer service.
- Proficiency administrative support of Learning Management System (LMS) functions.
- Highly motivated, hardworking, well organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated track record of flexibility; ability to adapt and react quickly to unexpected changes, prioritize tasks with excellent organization skills and time management skills, anticipate problems, provide creative solutions, and meet deadlines in challenging situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in customer service or administrative support.
- Ability to work with diversity and as a team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Preference for those with some familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) or Association Management Systems (AMS).
- Preference for those with experience in instructional design or curriculum development.
- Travel: Requires the ability to work full-time remotely and the availability for potential travel, nationally, up to 10-15% of time with base location remote.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all 400+ NAADAC Approved Education Providers, support Provider Program expansion, provide customer support via phone and email and monitor firstname.lastname@example.org customer support email inbox.
- Support Provider Program manager with administrative support functions, such as sending out regular reminder letters for providers who are up for renewal or have expired.
- Provider technical assistance to live trainers for in-person and virtual trainings and at NAADAC’s conferences.
- Gather all data pertaining to NAADAC continuing education activities and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on customer satisfaction, revenue reporting, and presenter evaluation.
- Support Training & Professional Development Content Manager in monitoring and archiving all NAADAC On Demand Library of Courses (over 300 courses available to the general public that require regular monitoring and maintenance).
- Coordinate with subject matter experts involved in curriculum development.
- Support the oversight of all educational responsibilities regarding event planning logistics.
- Support the search, selection, and implementation of a new Learning Management System (LMS)
- Act as primary administrator and account manager for LMS:
- Manage user account data, provider transactions, and oversee LMS account.
- Coordinate learning library lease agreements.
- Assist Content Manager in reviewing, removing, or repurposing existing or outdated courses.
- Other Duties:
- Work with other members of senior leadership team in strategic decision making on revenue-generating potential within NAADAC’s training portfolio.
- May be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of specific projects, as required.
NAADAC provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, retirement benefits, dental benefits, paid time off, and other benefits.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Training & Professional Development Coordinator" in the subject line.
NAADAC provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. NAADAC hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.