Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Although tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable disease and death in the US and individuals with mental illnesses and substance use disorders have extremely high prevalence, it is usually overlooked in mental health and addictions treatment. This workshop will examine the benefits of tobacco cessation in improving depression, anxiety, affect and overall psychological quality of life and improvements in long term abstinence rates from alcohol or illicit drugs. Evidence based strategies, including a guideline-based brief intervention of 3 minutes will be explored.
- Understand extremely high tobacco use prevalence rates and the related disease and economic burdens for individuals with behavioral health conditions within a health disparities framework.
- Examine common barriers and strategic interventions for consistently integrating tobacco treatment along with other behavioral health services.
- Implement the guideline-based brief intervention, which significantly improves client readiness to make a tobacco quit attempt.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Andree Aubrey, MSW, LCSW, CTTS (Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist), is the Director of the Area Health Education Center at FSU College of Medicine and is responsible for statewide tobacco training and cessation programs for behavioral health and peer recovery organizations. Aubrey directs and teaches at the FSU Tobacco Treatment Specialist Course which is one of only 18 accredited training programs in the U.S. She trains medical faculty, physicians, health professionals and students. She is a tobacco subject matter expert for the Florida Certification Board. She co-authored a six week group cessation curriculum, Quit Smoking Now, which is used in all 67 counties in Florida and Operation Tobacco Free Marines, a standardized group cessation curriculum and manualized facilitator guide.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.