Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on June 22, 2016
The purpose of the training is to increase the participants’ knowledge and understanding of the latest science involving the brain and mind, including special attention to the latest research in neuroplasticity of the brain and how the brain is works in daily life. For the clinician (mental health practitioner or substance abuse counselors) the course will focus on a discussion of how and why a medically driven definition of brain health matters to the mental health and addictions counseling professions; and why the concepts of neuroplasticity matter as revolutionary when considering both historical and contemporary approaches to understanding and treating the clients we serve in our careers.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of the latest science involving the brain and mind.
- Comprehend a medical definition of a healthy brain functioning including the neurological subsystems involved.
- Learn the 10 principles of neuroplasticity that supports active engagement and positive client gains in counseling.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Joseph Christensen is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and is a certified Master Addiction Counselor. He has over 24 years of experience with mental health and over 15 years of addiction treatment experience. He has supervised 5 dual diagnosis programs and has provided brain development trainings since 2002 to the staff and grantees of over 14 California Counties. He has been a keynote speaker several conferences and has provided Grand Rounds trainings for trauma physicians, residents and nurses. In addition, Joe obtained continuing education training (CEU's) for doctors, nurses, and mental health counselors. Finally, he has written his first published book entitled, Brain Based Recovery Mentoring: Towards a Unified Model of Change, which has been approved by the state of Oregon as a Mentoring Certification Course.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.