Advances in Technology in the Addiction Profession: The Art and Science of Predicting Recurrence
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Specialty Online Training Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Friday, August 13, 2021
Addiction treatment is quickly moving toward personalized care and insights that specifically meet the individual needs of the person in recovery. Recent advances in treatment coupled with advances in technology and remote monitoring capabilities allow providers to truly personalize care and even predict and prevent recurrence. This webinar will help you examine your relapse prediction capabilities and identify opportunities to implement technology that can assist your care.
Jes Montgomery, MD, has worked in addiction for over 30 years as well as practices recovery from a personal and family perspective. The foundational concept for ViviHealth’s solutions is the result of a 15-year search for objective ways to engage recovery beyond simply detecting relapse. He has advocated for innovative and new approaches to fundamentally change how recovery treatment is accomplished. Montgomery received his Doctoral degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine and attained certification in the American Society on Addiction Medicine in 1987. He is a diplomat of both the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the American Board of Addiction Medicine and has worked in the treatment of addiction since 1987. Montgomery has served as lead psychiatrist and medical director of nationally known treatment providers, including Sante Center for Healing, Pine Grove Behavioral and Addictions, and Serenity View Recovery Center. He maintains a limited private practice of psychiatry and addiction medicine.
- Participants will be able to describe how the context of recurrence can be captured and analyzed.
- Participants will be able to explain insights and precursors that contribute to recurrence.
- Participants will summarize how recurrence can be interrupted with AI and machine learning.
- Beginning level courses introduce learners to a content area; include information about a condition, treatment method, or issue; and involve learning and comprehending content.
Polls and Q&A
Receive 1.5 CEs for $25.
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
A Certificate of Completion for 1.5 CEs is available by participating in this specialty online training and passing an online CE quiz. Those who successfully complete the full series and pass all seven CE quizzes for this seven-part series will be eligible to apply for the Certificate of Achievement for Advances in Technology in the Addiction Profession.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click on it.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your account in the NAADAC Education Center. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and downloading your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours. Click here for NAADAC Social Worker certificate instructions.
This course meets the qualifications for one and a half (1.5) hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters and how to incorporate technology into treatment and recovery.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.