Free NAADAC Webinar
A Live, Interactive Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Wednesday, November 15, 2023 @ 3:00-4:00pm ET (2CT/1MT/12PT)
Register Now for Free!
With the focus of substance use disorder treatment shifting to integrated care solutions, it is crucial for addiction professionals to explore valuable community partnerships to complement services already offered. In this webinar, we will be reviewing the implementation of recovery-oriented systems of care, community needs assessments, and the development of relationships with others to treat individuals in a holistic manner. Participants will explore barriers to implementation with solution-focused goals. Finally, the webinar will discuss data on current integrated systems with community partnerships and their effect on the community as a whole.
Krista Hales, DBH, LADC-S, is a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor with a Doctoral degree in Behavioral Health from Arizona State University. Hales has been working in addiction treatment since 2008 and currently serves as the Executive Vice President for Crossroads of Southern Nevada, a behavioral health treatment program offering numerous levels of care and services. She previously held the positions of Regional Clinical Director and IOTRC Director for the Center for Behavioral Health (now part of the Behavioral Health Group family). Hales is an active member of the recovery community in Las Vegas by serving as the There Is No Hero In Heroin Foundation (TINHIH) Board of Directors President, Nevada Opioid Treatment Association President, Southern Nevada Opioid Advisory Council (SNOAC) Executive Committee, and First Responders Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act Advisory Council.
Samson Teklemariam, LPC, CPTM, is the Vice President of Clinical Services for Behavioral Health Group (BHG). He is an accomplished leader with a history of driving organizational results with learning and development solutions. Known for implementing initiatives that support organizational priorities and produce measurable outcomes, he has been a leader in the field of addiction treatment for over 12 years. He was formerly the Director of Training and Professional Development for NAADAC. Teklemariam is a Certified Lead Trainer for Cognitive Behavioral Interventions for Substance Abuse (CBI-SA) and the Calm Every Storm: Crisis Prevention & Intervention curriculum. He is experienced in treating trauma-related disorders using trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TFCBT) and Seeking Safety. Teklemariam previously worked for Phoenix House Foundation as the National Director of Learning and Development.
- Participants will be able to describe the implementation of integrated care systems by addiction professionals.
- Participants will be able to identify three barriers to potential implementation and relationship building.
- Participants will be able to summarize valuable community partnerships to explore in order to provide holistic care.
- Beginning level courses introduce learners to a content area; include information about a condition, treatment method, or issue; and involve learning and comprehending content.
Polls and Q&A.
Education is FREE to all professionals.
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, complete the online evaluation, and pass the CE quiz.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your account in the NAADAC Education Center. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and downloading your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours. Click here for NAADAC Social Worker certificate instructions.
This course meets the qualifications for one (1) hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.