Professional Liability Insurance for NAADAC Student Members
NAADAC is proud to endorse the American Professional Agency, Inc. (APA, Inc.)'s professional liability coverage for students enrolled in an accredited degree program or a program approved for candidacy.
Download Professional Liability Insurance for Student Members Flyer
Why do students need liability coverage?
Malpractice risk starts when you are in school. Even as a student, you can be sued for malpractice while performing duties in field placement as part of your school curriculum. Whether the charges are justified or not, you will have to defend yourself. Professional Liability insurance will provide defense coverage also in the event you are brought in on a suit. Other reasons to purchase your own Student Liability coverage:
- Your school may require you obtain your liability insurance.
- Your school may provide coverage for you under a school policy, but you will probably be sharing a limit with many other students and/or the school coverage may have gaps which may not protect you. Obtaining your own policy gives you your own full liability limits.
Student Coverage Features
- A no deductible plan of insurance against claims arising out of professional training.
- Protection against acts occurring during the policy period, even though the claim is submitted after the policy expires.
- Designated legal counsel and payment of related defense costs are provided.
- Worldwide coverage as long as the suit is brought in a U.S. or Canadian court.
- Limits available are $1,000,000/$1,000,000, $1,000,000/$3,000,000 or $2,000,000/$4,000,000.
How much does the insurance coverage cost?
- $1,000,000/$1,000,000 = $23 per year
- $1,000,000/$3,000,000 = $35 per year
- $2,000,000/$4,000,000 = $41 per year
Who provides the insurance coverage?
American Professional Agency, Inc. (APA, Inc.) administers the liability program. The policy is underwritten by Allied World Specialty Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Allied World Assurance Company.
How to Apply
- Click here to apply and make a payment online.
- Click here to download an application to submit by:
- Email to [email protected].
- Fax at 631-691-2497.
- Mail to American Professional Agency, Inc., 95 Broadway, Amityville, NY 11701.
- By phone at 1-800-421-6694 x2265 to speak with an underwriter in the Student Department.
Please contact APA, Inc. by calling 1-800-421-6694 x2265 to speak with an agent in the Student Department today. The APA, Inc. staff looks forward to speaking with you regarding your insurance needs.