Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, January 29, 2020
This webinar is sponsored by Brighter Vision.
“It’s not the truck you see that runs you over.” Social media, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, didn't yet exist when many of us were in graduate school, and their impact on our communication with each other - and with our clients - could hardly be anticipated. In this session, we will explore this emerging challenge by discussing the behavioral health ethical codes that apply to virtual interactions and share common challenges and recommended best practices.
- Enumerate five ethical guidelines for behavioral health counselors that apply to social media.
- Identify at least three possible ethical dilemmas inherent in social media.
- Identify the social media ethical requirements for their license & discipline.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
This webinar is approved
by ASAP-NYCB for continuing education credits (CARC, CRPA).
This webinar is not
eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours.
Mike Bricker, MS, NCAC II, CADC II, LPC, is a behavioral health clinician for Strong Integrated BH in Eugene, OR, where he specializes in providing trauma-responsive care to participants in treatment for SUDs, complex trauma and chronic pain. Bricker is also a consultant on “dual recovery” from substance use and mental disorders through the STEMSS Institute and specializes in blending research-based treatment with other Wisdom Traditions. He has educated and trained counselors in Alaska, the Navajo Nation, and Oregon. Bricker is a seasoned trainer who presents regularly at national conferences, and is a NAADAC Approved Education Provider. He has been a clinician, consultant, and teacher for over 35 years.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters. Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.