Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on April 18, 2012
Although CBT is an integrated approach, there is an underlying assumption that therapists will use both cognitive and behavioral approaches in the treatment. However, there is not much discussion of how and when to shift from cognitive approaches to behavioral ones and how to do that within a group of clients who are in different stages of change. This webinar will discuss tasks of the stages of change and how to use these to guide both individualized and group approaches to shifting strategies.
As a result of participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- name critical tasks related to each of the stages of change;
- identify at least two specific CBT cognitive and two behavioral strategies that target key tasks; and
- connect therapist strategies with key client processes of change.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Dr. Carlo DiClemente is the current Presidential Research Professor at University of Maryland, Baltimore County. For the past 30 years he has conducted funded research in health and addictive behaviors and been engaged in clinical services and research. Dr. DiClemente is the co-developer of the Transtheoretical Model of behavior change, and the author of numerous scientific publications on motivation and behavior change with a variety of health and addictive behaviors. Dr. DiClemente has co-authored a self-help book based on this model of change, Changing for Good, as well as several professional books, such as The Transtheoretical Model, Substance Abuse Treatment and the Stages of Change, and Group Treatment for Substance Abuse: A Stages of Change Therapy Manual. His most recent book, Addiction and Change: How Addictions Develop and Addicted People Recover, is published by Guilford Press. For his work in the addictions he was given the Innovators Combating Substance Abuse Award by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, as well as the McGovern Award from the American Society on Addiction Medicine (ASAM). He has served as President of the APA Division on Addictions (50), and received awards for his Distinguished Contribution to Scientific Psychology by the Maryland Psychological Association and the American Psychological Associationâ€™s Division on Addictions.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
This webinar will be recorded for later viewing. Complete the registration form to receive after the live broadcast links to the free recording and the online CE Quiz.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.