Senior Operations Manager
44 Canal Center Plaza, Ste 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
Director of Membership & Affiliates
The Senior Operations Manager assists the Director of Membership & Affiliates in managing the membership and affiliates department and manages the main office operations and association-wide information technology. In addition, the Senior Operations Manager will assist leadership with event and vendor coordination for NAADAC national, regional, and state events and trainings and exhibiting opportunities, and higher-level administrative tasks as needed. Finally, the Senior Operations Manager will assist in managing the Membership Services Coordinators team. Because of his/her involvement in matters related to his/her responsibilities, the Senior Operations Manager will be required to communicate frequently with other agency directors, as well as the NAADAC Board of Directors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct Reports:
- Three Membership Services Coordinators
- Maintain a working knowledge of NAADAC membership policies and procedures to provide supervision to membership services team.
- Operational Management
- Maintain a working knowledge of NAADAC operational policies & work with Deputy Director to ensure all policies and procedures relating to NAADAC’s Operations are appropriate for the business and operational needs of the organization.
- Identify opportunities to streamline business processes and systems to increase speed, efficiency, and cost efficiency.
- Manage supply chain procedures and inventory tracking of office supplies, NAADAC bookstore products, and NAADAC merchandise.
- Manage the arrangements for deliveries of materials to and/or from the office; keep abreast of current messenger, UPS, express, and US Postal service rates, services, and regulations.
- Communicate with the building management for any problems arising from cleanliness, comfort, security, and/or safety of leased office space.
- Communicate with staff about any building-related announcements.
- Coordinate all office printing needs for normal business, products, conferences, and events, including flyers, manuals, books, awards, plaques, name badges etc.
- Manage special projects as directed by Leadership.
- Coordinating food, IT, and material needs for staff meetings and retreats.
- Assist with programming and activities with staff meetings and retreats.
- Information Technology
- Manage IT systems for the Association, including phone system and vendor relations.
- Develop and inform staff of IT improvements and policies, including phone, computers, copiers, vendors, software, and other related improvements.
- Manage staff software licenses, usage, and training & trouble-shoots computer problems for staff.
- Work with Director of Finance to inform the Executive Director of cost estimations and budget constraints when there is need for maintenance and purchasing of office equipment, including computer hardware and software, and contract review for same.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of all office equipment and hardware.
- Responsible to set up meeting technology for all staff meetings, retreats etc.
- Event & Vendor Coordination:
- Oversee and manage meeting logistics (F&B, AV, housing, hotel coordination etc.) for selected NAADAC national, regional, and state events and trainings.
- Assist in management of meeting logistics (F&B, AV, housing, hotel coordination etc.) for NAADAC Annual Conference.
- Responsible for coordination of equipment and vendor contracts for NAADAC national, regional, and state events and trainings.
- Responsible for all conference material inventory, ordering, organization, packing, and shipping pre and post all trainings and conferences.
- Provide onsite coordination/supervision/support for NAADAC Annual Conference and local conferences, as needed.
- Other Duties
- Coordination of travel and accommodations for NAADAC leadership, as needed.
- Administrative Committee Support.
- Seek and develop new ways to perform job duties.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by NAADAC Leadership.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field with 5+ years’ experience in association, public sector, or non-profit/grass roots operations.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in an association/non-profit setting.
- Track record delivering superior results and assuming leadership roles.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide-array of people, junior and senior, for-profit and non-profit, private and public sector.
- Highly motivated, hardworking, well organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated track record of flexibility; ability to adapt and react quickly to unexpected changes, prioritize tasks with excellent organization skills and time management skills, anticipate problems, provide creative solutions, and meet deadlines in challenging situations.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated good judgement and solution-focused decision-making skills.
- Strong coaching and people management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support excellent customer service.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, writing, and phone skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence.
- Proficient in information technology, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Association Management Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and introduce new technology in the workplace.
- Ability to work with diversity and as a team player.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Sr. Operations Manager" in the subject line.