Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, July 24, 2019
The integration of science and spirituality may seem diametric, but these areas of study are more complimentary today than at any other time in history. Science is now proving what spirituality has been speaking to for millennia. This webinar examines how a spiritual approach to recovery is supported by findings in neuroscience. Examples of fMRI scans show changes in our brain as spiritual practices are used. Research-based models of spiritual approaches used in recovery are explained through the lens of neuroscience. These include MBSR, IFS, DBT and 12-Step Facilitation Therapy. Specific research supported practices of mindfulness, breath, mantra, and journaling examples will be given.
- Gain basic knowledge of how neuroscience supports spiritual approaches to addiction treatment.
- Understand how “spirituality” is defined and can be applied to non-religious persons in recovery.
- Learn basic spiritual techniques that can be used in support of addiction treatment.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Kimberley L. Berlin, LCSW, CSAC, MAC, SAP, CCTP, is an integrated addiction therapist who uses traditional Western and Eastern approaches in her practice. She is grounded in the 12 Step tradition and guides patients to a deeper understanding of what “recovery” can truly mean in their lives. Berlin holds advanced degrees, licenses and certificates in Clinical Social Work, Addiction Counseling, Mindfulness, Interpersonal Neurobiology, and Clinical Trauma. She is a published author; most recently her work on Women and Alcohol was featured in Social Work Today.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.