Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Schema theory, developed by Jeffrey Young, will be presented including the ideas around how we form behavior patterns. Also covered will be how beliefs are formed and how they can be formed around inaccurate or skewed information, and thus produce unhealthy or ill-informed behaviors. We will cover the 18 schemas, including their definitions and etiologies. We will discuss ways to challenge beliefs and how to explain schemas to clients, as well as temper clinician and client expectations for what progress looks like.
- Gain an understanding of where beliefs come from and how they are formed.
- Be able to explain 18 schemas.
- Learn how schemas determine behavior patterns.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Jennifer Mathews, LPC-S, NCC, CDWF, MAC, SAP, is the Clinical Director at Nova Recovery Center, outside Austin, TX, and owner of her private practice office in San Marcos, TX. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor- Supervisor and has been in the field for 11 years. She is trained in EMDR and is a certified Daring Way and Rising Strong group facilitator. She holds a MAC and SAP certification and has appeared on A&E Intervention. Her specialties are trauma and shame work, family of origin and belief system work.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.