Substance Abuse Professional's U.S. DOT Alcohol and Drug Testing Regulation Qualification and Re-qualification Independent Study Course
This independent study course is designed to provide new and re-qualifying applicants who wish to practice as a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) with an in-depth understanding of the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) expanded and revised drug use and alcohol misuse prevention rules for the commercial transportation industries.
The course includes a bound Learner’s Guide (with sample forms to use in your practice) and an examination that allows the student to learn and demonstrate his or her knowledge of the required regulations and skills.
Look inside the Learner's Guide before purchase!
Download the Course Order Form Now!
As mandated by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), this bound training manual is organized in an easy to read format and outlines the nine required learning components:
- background, rationale and coverage of the DOT’s drug and alcohol testing program;
- 49 C.F.R. § 40 and DOT agency drug and alcohol testing rules;
- key DOT drug testing requirements, including collections, laboratory testing, MRO review and problems in drug testing;
- key DOT alcohol testing requirements, including the testing process, the roles of BATs and STTs and problems in alcohol testing;
- SAP qualifications and prohibitions;
- the role of the SAP in the return-to-duty process, including the initial employee evaluation, referrals for education and/or treatment, the follow-up evaluation, continuing treatment recommendations and the follow-up testing plan;
- SAP consultation and communication with employers, MROs and treatment providers;
- reporting and record keeping requirements; and
- issues that SAPs confront in carrying out their duties under the program.
The Independent Study Course also includes an examination (validated 50-item written examination for initial qualification; 25-item online examination for re-qualification). Participants who achieve a passing score of 75% or higher will be issued a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Qualification Certificate to frame and display in your office and a Certificate of Completion for 12 CE credits. SAPs qualified through NAADAC are afforded three years of maintenance-free eligibility to practice as an SAP, as well as a free listing of your contact information on our website to help advertise your services.
To order, download and submit the Order Form, call 800.548.0497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . (Note: This course cannot be purchased through the NAADAC Bookstore because you must submit a copy of your current license or certification with your order.)
The links below provide more information on Substance Abuse Professionals (SAPs):
For more information on becoming a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP), follow the above links, call 800.548.0497 or email email@example.com.