Substance Abuse Professional's U.S. DOT Alcohol and Drug Testing Regulation Qualification Independent Study Course
This independent study course is designed to provide new applicants who wish to practice as a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) with an in-depth understanding of the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) expanded and revised drug use and alcohol misuse prevention rules for the commercial transportation industries.
As mandated by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the Substance Abuse Professional’s U.S. DOT Alcohol and Drug Testing Regulation Qualification course outlines the nine required learning components:
- Background, rationale and coverage of the DOT’s drug and alcohol testing program;
- 49 C.F.R. § 40 and DOT agency drug and alcohol testing rules;
- Key DOT drug testing requirements, including collections, laboratory testing, MRO review and problems in drug testing;
- Key DOT alcohol testing requirements, including the testing process, the roles of BATs and STTs and problems in alcohol testing;
- SAP qualifications and prohibitions;
- The role of the SAP in the return-to-duty process, including the initial employee evaluation, referrals for education and/or treatment, the follow-up evaluation, continuing treatment recommendations and the follow-up testing plan;
- SAP consultation and communication with employers, MROs and treatment providers;
- Reporting and record keeping requirements; and
- Issues that SAPs confront in carrying out their duties under the program.
The course includes a bound SAP Manual (with sample forms to use in your practice) and a 100-question online exam that allows you to learn and demonstrate your knowledge of the required regulations and skills, and earn the 12 CEs required to apply for an SAP Qualification. Participants who achieve a passing score of 75% or higher and meet the eligibility requirements will be qualified to apply for their SAP Qualification. Look inside the Learner's Guide before purchase!
Regular Price: $400 Members Price: $300
Add to Shopping Cart
SAP MANUAL ONLY
This purchase includes the SAP Manual only. This does NOT include access to the SAP Qualification exam or 12 CEs.
Regular Price: $200 Members Price: $150
Add to Shopping Cart
For more information on becoming a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP), follow the above links, call 703.741.7686 x122 or email Richard Goodman, SAP Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.