Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Recovery for families involves positive stress management, coping with change, and the availability of support. We will examine how learning to cope with manageable stress is critical to developing resilience. Communication and community collaboration will be highlighted as essential to family members building skills, creating biological resistance to adversity, and experiencing resilient outcomes. Communication performances of bonding, bridging, and linking will be detailed as critical to family members’ cultivation of stability, finding a rhythm in family life with confidence to manage change. Throughout the webinar, participants will be asked to build upon ideas for family-practitioner-community collaboration to enhance resilience among families.
- Identify the impacts of social connections on one’s ability to positively manage stress.
- Identify how communication is directly linked to adaptability and building resilience in family systems.
- Construct links between his or her own communities and new methods for encouraging resilient outcomes and performing recovery support for families.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is not eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours.
Karyl Elizabeth Sabbath, PhD, LAC, LIDC, ICCS, holds a Doctorate degree in Interpersonal Communication from Ohio University. She taught for 21 years at Otterbein University, was promoted to Professor in 2002, and retired with emeritus status in 2010. Sabbath served as an outpatient and inpatient counselor for seven years, was a Trainer of Trainers for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Board, and worked as an organizational consultant. Presently, she teaches for Colorado State University Communication Studies Department. Her 1999 chapter in Communication in Recovery: Perspectives on Twelve-Step Groups examines communication styles of adult children of alcoholics. Most recently, presented break-out sessions for the NAADAC 2018 and 2019 Annual Conferences and conducted a NAADAC Webinar in May 2019.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters. Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.