Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, April 11, 2018
This presentation recognizes the difficulty of recovery with its potential for a return to active substance use amongst our clientele. The substance use disorder field has made many advances in the area of relapse prevention and treatment, and this presentation will build upon those advances in relation to the effective use of mindfulness and meditation as viable techniques for the treatment of relapse. Through the use of the latest research and my clinical experience, I will empower clinicians to use the combined techniques of mindfulness and meditation as effective tools in the treatment of the relapse process.
- Define the relapse process, mindfulness, and meditation, listing the common indicators for each.
- Explain the connection between mindfulness and meditation to the on-going recovery process.
- Formulate an individualized relapse treatment plan of action for their clients based utilizing mindfulness and meditation.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Christopher Shea, MA, CRAT, CAC-AD, LCC, is the founder of Lifesjourney Life Coaching, LLC, adjunct professor at Towson University and McDaniel College, Graduate School of Counseling. He is a published author presenting at national conferences. During his 23 year tenure in the addiction field as clinician and administrator he implemented treatment modalities integrating evidence-based treatment, and strategically collaborated with policymakers on the state and federal levels on healthcare and mental health. He is chairman of St. Mary’s County Alcohol Coalition, on the Behavioral Health Action Committee, St. Mary’s County Health Dept. He is past President of Maryland NAADAC, served on NAADAC Public Policy Committee and is the immediate past chairman of the Board of Directors of NCADD-MD.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.