Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on November 28, 2012
Produced in partnership with SMART Recovery
A major component of a client's recovery plan is often attending mutual support groups, which provide a common space for individuals who are struggling in similar ways to get support. This webinar outlines the ways in which mutual support groups can be beneficial to clients with addiction-related struggles and how to select the most appropriate option based on the client's needs. It also details the various mutual support group options available and how to connect clients to them.
As a result of participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- explain the difference between mutual support group options; and
- refer clients to appropriate mutual support groups for their needs.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Shari Allwood is the Executive Director of SMART Recovery, a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to help individuals gain independence from addictive behavior and live a balanced life. SMART Recovery believes in supporting the availability of choice in recovery programs. Shari is pleased to join us to represent a wide variety of mutual support groups, and how each may appeal to individuals with differing needs or beliefs. Information about various groups will be presented as well as compared and contrasted. Shari suggests, "of the program options, not one specific recovery program is likely to be helpful to all. The best recovery outcomes occur when people know of and have access to a variety of programs and are free to choose among them."
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
This webinar will be recorded for later viewing. Complete the registration form to receive after the live broadcast links to the free recording and the online CE Quiz.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.