Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, June 13, 2018
This presentation will prepare clinicians and administrators for implementing or improving their buprenorphine medication-assisted outpatient program. Clinicians will explore potential client profiles and learn how to identify appropriate buprenorphine patients. Due to the high rate of co-occurring mental health disorders with opiate use disorder, considerations for that population will be reviewed. Finally, participants will become aware of the value of effective collaboration between therapists and prescribers to create an effective person-centered plan.
- Identify appropriate patients for agonist therapy. Identify alerts to potentially inappropriate patients for agonist therapy.
- Understand the benefits of utilizing a patient-centered approach to the treatment of co-occurring disorders.
- Become familiar with collaboration avenues between therapists and prescribing physicians.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Linda Shaffer, MA, EDS, LCAS, is a master’s level addictions specialist working in private practice in rural western North Carolina. Shaffer found her own sobriety in 1986 and has since worked in the communication industry, the financial industry, and the mental health arena. She founded a North Carolina licensed women's halfway house, worked with the criminal justice population, and is now in private practice. She works hand and hand with prescribing professionals to provide effective treatment for opiate use and co-occurring disorders. Shaffer enjoys yoga, reading and hunting for North Carolina waterfalls in her leisure time. She presented this information at the NAADAC 2018 annual conference.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.