Professional Liability Insurance for NAADAC PRSS Members
NAADAC is proud to endorse the American Professional Agency, Inc. (APA, Inc.)'s professional liability coverage for Peer Recovery Support Specialists (PRSS).
How much does the insurance coverage cost?
Find Your Rate
PRSS Benefits And Highlights
- Defense Expenses related to Licensing Board Hearings and Other Proceedings: Limit of $5000 per proceeding is included with NO annual aggregate; optional increase of defense expense limit is available up to $150,000
- First Party Assault and Battery Coverage: Reimbursement up to $25,000 in medical expenses related to injuries and/or personal property damage caused by a patient or client
- Medical Payments Coverage: Limit of $100,000 for Medical Payments to a patient or client arising from bodily injury on your business premises
- Emergency Aid Coverage: Reimbursement to you up to $15,000 for costs and expenses for medical supplies and lost earnings up to $100 due to the provision of volunteer emergency treatment or services
- Fire Legal Liability Coverage: $150,000 liability limit for fire damage to third party property
- Premises Liability: Bodily Injury Coverage and/or Damage to property of patients at your primary office location(s)
- Information Privacy Coverage (HIPAA): Up to $25,000 defense provided for Federal and state regulators who investigate you for violations of privacy protections statutes (where allowed by law)
- Limits up to $2 million per occurrence/$4 million per policy year
- No Surcharge for Claims and there is No Deductible
- Individual, group and corporate coverage - separate limits of liability are included
- Broad coverage at affordable rates includes Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage, Publishing of articles or books and broadcasting activities, Tele-therapy Coverage and Forensic Practice Coverage
- Coverage for Addiction Professionals, including clinical supervisor and peer recovery support specialists
- Payment of Defense Expenses is in addition to the Limit of Liability for Professional and General Business Liability Coverages
- Insuring company has an A.M. Best rating of “A” with strong financial stability
- Online credit card processing and confirmation is available same day in most cases
- Experienced claims professionals and knowledgeable customer service representatives are easily accessible by telephone
RISK MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Risk Management Consultation Services are accessible for our policyholders with experienced and professional risk managers, on a variety of topics, such as record requests/record retention, privacy questions and other practice-related issues
- Discounted online Risk Management and Continuing Education Courses with AtHealthCE.com and BehavioralHealthCE.com
- 35% Part Time Discount is available for up to 20 client hours a week – employment can be excluded
- 5% Risk Management Discount for 3 hours of pre-qualified Risk Management Courses
(Above Coverage Features and Discounts are subject to individual state approval and underwriting requirements)
How to Apply
Click here to apply and make a payment online, or download an application to submit by:
By phone at 800.421.6694 x2265 to speak with an underwriter in the Addiction Professionals Department.
Who Provides the Insurance Coverage?
American Professional Agency, Inc. (APA, Inc.) administers the liability program. The policy is underwritten by Allied World Specialty Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Allied World Assurance Company.
Please contact APA, Inc. by calling 800.421.6694 x2265 to speak with an agent in the Addiction Professionals department today. The APA, Inc. staff looks forward to speaking with you regarding your insurance needs.