For Immediate Release
December 1, 2015
ALEXANDRIA, VA – The National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP), a department of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals, is proud to announce an opportunity for all currently state credentialed/licensed addiction professionals to receive the Master Addiction Counselor (MAC) national credential, based on their already demonstrated competence, skill, training, and experience. No testing necessary!
This offer is open for a limited time to all current state certified or licensed Substance Use Disorders or Professional Counselors (social worker, mental heal, marriage & family, professional counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist, medical doctor) who meet the eligible criteria for the MAC. Applications will be accepted from December 1, 2015 to May 31, 2016.
This is a limited one-time offer available for only six months! No Grandfather Offer applications will be accepted after the close of this offer. All applications must be postmarked by the posted date for your desired credential.
A MAC national credential can assist you in your profession! The MAC national credential is:
- Recognizable credential acronyms known nationally that signify that you have met the standardized national substance use disorders treatment competencies and skills, and have the accepted level of clinical skills.
- Recognized by the U. S. Department of Transportation as a means to qualify for the Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) practice.
- Acceptance & portability within the 21 states that recognize NCC AP testing products and credentials.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in the addiction profession.
- Recognized by insurance companies as a preferred credential for reimbursement.
- Recognized, valued, and sought out by MCOs, government agencies, the U.S. Department of Transportation, and treatment providers (Optum has already recognized the value of NCC AP’s credentials).
- Position yourself for the greatest possible career opportunity!
To learn more about the MAC eligibility and application requirements, or apply for a MAC national credential today, please visit www.naadac.org/NCCAP-MAC-grandfather-credential-offer.
NAADAC Director of Communications
NAADAC Certification Coordinator
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals, represents the professional interests of more than 85,000 addiction counselors, educators and other addiction-focused health care professionals in the United States, Canada, and abroad. NAADAC’s members are addiction counselors, educators and other addiction-focused health care professionals, who specialize in addiction prevention, treatment, recovery support and education. An important part of the healthcare continuum, NAADAC members and its 47 state affiliates work to create healthier individuals, families and communities through prevention, intervention, quality treatment and recovery support. For more information, please visit www.naadac.org.
About NCC AP
The National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP), under the auspices of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals, operates as an independent body for all matters involving the Association’s substance use disorders counselor certification and endorsement opportunities at the national and international level. For more information, please visit www.naadac.org/nccap.