Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on May 23, 2017
Addiction counselors and mental health professionals develop very close relationships with clients. Our caring nature can make it challenging to establish and maintain appropriate boundaries, both personally and professionally. Boundary crossings and violations are detrimental for therapeutic relationships and can jeopardize the counselor’s professional role. Social media and internet communication has increased blurring of boundaries. This webinar will help professionals clarify roles, identifying personal triggers, and reduce vulnerabilities. Modeling appropriate boundaries with clients has value for everyone involved.
- Identify appropriate boundaries, boundary crossing, and boundary violations in work setting.
- Identify vulnerabilities for blurry or unhealthy boundaries.
- Identify tips for setting healthy and appropriate boundaries in work setting.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Lena Sheffield, LMHC, CAP, MAC, and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, has over 25 years of experience in the mental health and addiction field. Her professional experiences include clinical, education, marketing, and administration experience in hospital-based, residential, in-home, and private practice settings. In addition to hundreds of hours spent training professionals, parents and students on a wide range of topics (addiction, attachment strategies, personal and professional boundaries, eating disorders, mindfulness practice, and child development), Sheffield works as an online instructor for Sober College School of Addiction Studies.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.