Peer Recovery Support Series, Part 5: Peer Support via Telehealth Platforms
A Live, Interactive Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Thursday, June 29, 2023 @ 3:00-4:00pm ET (2CT/1MT/12PT)
During this webinar, the presenter will focus on important considerations for working as a peer in an online format. Participants will learn about the rules of HIPAA and how to comply, important safety considerations and measures one can take, and additional skills to work as peers in an online space.
Melissa Dittberner, PhD, CPS, PS, is a lecturer in the Addictions Counseling and Prevention department at the University of South Dakota. She has a Doctoral degree in Counseling and Psychology in Education, a Master’s degree in Addiction Studies, and a Bachelor’s degree in Health Science. Dittberner is a prevention and peer specialist with a focus on research regarding substance use, pedagogy, addiction, trauma, body brokering, and harm reduction among the college population. She speaks publicly on adaptability, resiliency, sustainability, screening, prevention, harm reduction, motivation, peer support, Narcan administration, and her own lived experience.
- Participants will be able to verbalize the importance of being up-to-date on the law surrounding telehealth.
- Participants will be able to identify telehealth skills to best work with clients through text, email, chat, video, and apps.
- Participants will be able to recognize the need for safety when working with peers online.
- Beginning level courses introduce learners to a content area; include information about a condition, treatment method, or issue; and involve learning and comprehending content.
Polls and Q&A.
Education is FREE to all professionals.
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, complete the online evaluation, and pass the CE quiz.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your account in the NAADAC Education Center. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and downloading your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.