The NAADAC Organizational Achievement Award is presented to a NAADAC Organizational Member that has demonstrated a history of strong commitment to the addiction profession and particularly strong support for the individual addiction professional. The ways in which the organization has offered special benefits or shown recognition or support for their counselors (ex. hosting Recovery Month or Addiction Professional Day events) or ways they have achieved outreach or partnerships in their community (ex. hosting community awareness events or working with local government or service clubs) should be explained in the submitted letter of nomination.
Any NAADAC member in good standing may nominate an organization that is a NAADAC Organizational member for this award, which is selected by the NAADAC Awards Committee.
To be given this award, an organization:
Download Award Nomination Form
- must have a focus on addiction, prevention, treatment, or recovery support;
- must have been in existence for at least five years;
- must be a NAADAC Organizational Member;
- cannot be affiliated with any other organization or company that markets, sells, distributes or supports the consumption of alcoholic spirits or illicit/addictive substances; and
- must have demonstrated a history of strong commitment to the addiction profession and particularly strong support for the individual addiction professional.
To nominate an organization for this award, please submit:
- a letter of recommendation from a NAADAC member, including a detailed description of the nominated organization and how the organization has supported the addiction profession;
- at least three letters of support from three different sources (individuals, organizations, or agencies), at least one of which is from a representative or member of local government or a partnering organization/association (Please note that these three letters must be from sources other than the nominator.); and
- a completed Award Nomination Form.
Submissions may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or by mail to:
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
ATTN: Awards Committee Chair
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301
Alexandria, VA 22314
Deadline: All award nominations much be received by July 31, 2021 for consideration.
Please note that award winners will be asked to submit a short video acknowledging their award for use by NAADAC on the NAADAC website, social media accounts, and other marketing materials. The award will be sent to an address provided by the awardee.
For additional information, please contact NAADAC Director of Membership and Affiliates David Semanco, MS, MAC, CAADC, CSAC, CAC-AD, at email@example.com or 703.741.7686 x102.
Past Award Recipients
2020 Above and Beyond (Chicago, IL)
2019 NUWAY House (Minneapolis, MN)
2018 Tung Wah Group of Hospitals (Hong Kong)
2016 Sierra Tuscon (Tucson, AZ)
2015 New Beginnings Adolescent Recovery Center (Opelousas, LA)
2013 McLeod Center (Charlotte, NC)
2011 Rutgers University Alcohol & other Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) (New Brunswick and Newark, NJ)
2010 Memorial Hermann Prevention and Recovery Center (PaRC) (Houston, TX)
2009 Allies in Recovery (Northampton, MA)
2008 Amethyst, Inc. (Columbus, OH)
2006 Options Recovery Services, Inc. (Berkeley, CA)
2005 Brighton Hospital (Brighton, MI)
2004 University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Department of Marriage, Family and Community Counseling (Las Vegas, NV)
2002 Presbyterian Medical Center - Penn Behavioral Health Addiction Services (Philadelphia, PA)
1999 New England Institute of Addiction Studies (Augusta, ME)
1998 AdCare Educational Institute, Inc. (Worcester, MA)
1998 Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester (Manchester, NH)
1993 Community Association Serving Alcoholics (Boston, MA)