Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, December 16, 2020
This webinar will introduce an interdisciplinary approach to pain management, including pain physical therapy. We will explore the options for chronic pain management in patients with a history of substance use disorder including adjuvant medications, pain psychology, pain physical therapy as well as non-pharmacology options.
- Verbalize/identify adjuvant medications for pain management.
- Verbalize/identify pain psychology techniques to assist with pain management.
- Verbalize/identify nonpharmacological techniques to assist with pain management.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is not eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours.
Tammy Flemming, DNP, ACNP-BC, has been working in pain management for almost 20 years, including inpatient rounds at facilities with large volumes of patients with a history of substance use disorder. Flemming is currently involved in multiple committees and serves on the UPMC Pain Steering Committee with others who treat those with substance use disorders. Her consult service consists of almost 50% of patients with a substance use disorder issue either active or in their history with a new pain issue.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters. Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.