Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, March 28, 2018
This webinar will provide an encompassing, but easy to understand summary of what the latest neuroscience research tells us about how to conceptualize addiction. We will start with a fundamental understanding of existing misconceptions that perpetuate stigma and relapse-prone treatment. Then we will cover the best-known studies that inform the most effective and constructive ways of understanding what drives the psychology and behaviors of substance use disorders and process addictions. Finally, the webinar will provide an approach that puts this all together in a simple framework that is founded on evidence-based care and shown to lead to the best rates of remission of substance use disorder. This presentation is designed to be useful for all levels of training and experience.
- List the most common misconceptions about substance use disorder and specific studies that refute them.
- Learn the highlight from the most evidence-based research we have on what drives addiction, including childhood experiences, parenting styles, cultural influences, and thought patterns.
- Understand an easy to use model that allows the participant to immediately practice addiction counseling techniques that are targeted to patient needs for optimized relapse prevention and outcomes.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Daniel Hochman, MD, is a psychiatrist who has worked at and consulted for several addiction facilities, has been awarded several teaching positions, and regularly speaks on the topic of addiction. He is the creator of SelfRecovery.org, an in-depth online addiction program designed to be an adjunct to other treatments or help people with emotional and practical barriers to traditional care. He serves as President of Texas Physicians for Social Responsibility and has a private practice with a focus on therapy and holistic care.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.