**Test-Exemption Eligibility Period Ended on May 15, 2018**
NAADAC, in partnership with the Association for Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence, Inc. (ATTUD), and the Council for Tobacco Treatment Training Programs (CTTTP) offers the National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice (NCTTP).
This national certificate program was created to standardize and unify tobacco competencies, knowledge, and skills on a national level and provides national, unified recognition of professionals who obtain this prestigious certificate. By obtaining the NCTTP, tobacco use professionals are demonstrating to employers, third-party payers, and clients their advanced education in evidence-based tobacco treatment competencies, skills, and practice.
- $150 application fee
- $150 testing fee (paid to testing company)
Eligibility & Application Requirements
STEP 1: Candidate must submit NCTTP application for approval. Candidate must:
- Provide evidence of one of the following:
- High School diploma plus 4,000 hours (2 years full-time) of human services work experience to be documented in the application.
- Associate’s Degree plus 2,000 hours (1 year full-time) of human services work experience to be documented in the application.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Provide a certificate of successful completion of a Tobacco Treatment Specialist training program that is accredited by the Council for Tobacco Treatment Training Program. Click here for a current list of accredited Tobacco Treatment Specialist training programs.
- Provide evidence documenting 240 hours of tobacco treatment practice experience following the completion of training. This experience must be completed within a two-year period.
- Be tobacco-free (including use of electronic nicotine delivery devices such as vaping and e-cigarettes) for a minimum of the six months prior to submission of this application, and must attest to this in the application.
- Adhere to the Tobacco Treatment Provider Code of Ethics and sign a statement that he or she has read and adheres to the Tobacco Treatment Provider Code of Ethics.
- Mail application and all supporting documents with the non-refundable application fee of $150 to:
National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301
Alexandria, VA 22314
STEP 2: Candidate must pass the NCTTP examination.
- Upon approval of application, NAADAC will send candidate instructions for taking the NCTTP examiniation.
- Upon receiving notification of candidate's passing score from testing company, NAADAC will mail out his or her national certificate.