NAADAC, in partnership with the Association for Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence, Inc. (ATTUD), and the Council for Tobacco Treatment Training Programs (CTTTP) announces a new National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice (NCTTP).
This national certificate program was created to standardize and unify tobacco competencies, knowledge, and skills on a national level and provides national, unified recognition of professionals who obtain this prestigious certificate. By obtaining the NCTTP, tobacco use professionals are demonstrating to employers, third-party payers, and clients their advanced education in evidence-based tobacco competencies, skills, and practice.
Eligibility & Application Requirements
- Provide evidence of one of the following:
- High School diploma plus 4,000 hours (2 years full-time) of human services work experience to be documented in the application.
- Associate’s Degree plus 2,000 hours (1 year full-time) of human services work experience to be documented in the application.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Provide a certificate of successful completion of a Tobacco Treatment Specialist training program that is accredited by the Council for Tobacco Treatment Training Program. Click here for a current list of accredited Tobacco Treatment Specialist training programs.
- Acquire 240 hours of tobacco treatment practice experience following the completion of training. This experience must be completed within a two-year period. This practice experience must be documented in the application.
- Be tobacco-free (including use of electronic nicotine delivery devices such as vaping and e-cigarettes) for a minimum of the six months prior to submission of this application, and must attest to this in the application.
- Adhere to the Tobacco Treatment Provider Code of Ethics and sign a statement that he or she has read and adheres to the Tobacco Treatment Provider Code of Ethics.
- Mail application and all supporting documents with the non-refundable application fee of $150 to:
National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301
Alexandria, VA 22314
Note: Application must be postmarked no later than April 15, 2018 to qualify for this special test-exemption offer.