NCC AP Certification and Testing Coordinator
44 Canal Center Plaza, Ste 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
Director of Certification and Testing
The NCC AP Certification and Testing Coordinator will assist in the day-to-day functions of the Testing and Certification Departments, which is within the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP), under the auspices of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals. NCC AP operates as an independent body for all matters involving NAADAC’s substance use disorders counselor credentialing and endorsement programs at the national and international levels.
The NCC AP Certification and Testing Coordinator will be responsible for test administration support, servicing of test takers and their test results, and reporting results to their referring Board, test question administration into test sites and related tasks outlined below. The NCC AP Certification and Testing Coordinator will provide additional support to NCC AP’s Senior Certification Manager, NCC AP Testing Manager and Director of Certification and Testing. The NCC AP Certification and Testing Coordinator will assist with NCC AP-related administrative tasks and certification application processing, customer service, and other certification-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of one year experience in certification testing or association work or related experience and training.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (phone, face-to-face and email) in a professional office manner.
- Motivated, focused, well organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence.
- Ability to implement and learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Problem solving skills and deductive reasoning abilities.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments on a timely basis.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work with diversity and as a team player.
- Demonstrated track record of flexibility; ability to adapt and react quickly to unexpected changes, prioritize tasks with excellent organization skills and time management skills, anticipate problems, provide creative solutions, and meet deadlines in challenging situations.
- Strong communication, relationship management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using Microsoft Excel for the purpose of tracking.
- Some familiarity with Association Management Systems (AMS) and various Database platforms.
- Provide exceptional customer service for those seeking information or assistance regarding certification test taking.
- Coordinate testing approvals with Testing Manager and testing company for all certificate programs.
- Schedule appointments for test takers.
- Send bi-weekly electronic reports of test results to State and other Certification Boards.
- Assist NCC AP Certification and Testing departments with emails and phone calls.
- Assist with special test accommodations for test takers.
- Enter in test questions into the computerized system.
- Enter in test taker profiles into the association management system.
- Seek and develop systems to make the office more efficient and innovative.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Supports Sr. Certification Manager, Testing Manager and Director of Certification and Testing.
- Review certification/endorsement applications and notify candidates of review outcomes.
- Provide follow-up communications to applicants for missing documents or information.
- Assist with certification/endorsement renewal process.
- Assist with electronic storage of applications.
- Work with other internal departments to support NCC AP and NAADAC objectives.
- Assist with planning, organization and administration of daily tasks and documents related to the tasks.
- Assist with tasks managing the NCC AP Commission and its testing processes.
- Assist with the management of external and internal meetings, schedules, and emails.
- Assist in the design of NCC AP-related power point presentations, forms, and other materials.
- Take and prepare minutes for all NCC AP and NAADAC staff meetings.
- Liaison for Certification and Testing Division staff as needed.
- Attend all NCC AP and NAADAC staff meetings and trainings as required.
NAADAC provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, retirement benefits, dental benefits, paid time off, partial, or full cell phone reimbursement, and other benefits. Non-remote employees also receive free parking and access to an onsite gym.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with "NCC AP Certification and Testing Coordinator" in the subject line.
NAADAC provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. NAADAC hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
$44,500 - $48,000 (based on experience)