The NAADAC Education and Research Foundation (NERF) is a charitable organization established to strengthen the health and vitality of individuals, families, and communities through the advancement of the addiction profession. Through NERF, NAADAC is able to provide scholarships for addiction professionals to attend its annual conference and other training events, support advocacy for better wages and benefits for addiction professionals, support loan forgiveness initiatives, and support the continued specialization of the addiction profession. In addition, NERF funds the William White Student Research Scholarship, created to promote student addiction studies research and develop student research projects.
Through contributions from people like you, NERF is able to:
- Provide addiction professionals with registration scholarships to NAADAC Conferences (over 700 scholarships in 2020 alone);
- Support professional development for addiction professionals through NAADAC’s in-person and online trainings, webinars, credentialing, workshops, publications, and conferences; and
- Support advocacy for better wages, compensation, and benefits for addiction professionals, loan forgiveness, and the continued specialization of the addiction profession.
NERF is funded primarily by voluntary contributions from NAADAC members and other individuals who wish to support the advancement of the addiction profession. NERF also welcomes support from the government, corporations and other foundations.
Examples of NERF Programs:
- Educational scholarships to NAADAC's Annual Conference
- Conferences, trainings and symposiums
- Special projects
Make a Difference
Support NERF while you shop!
NERF is proud to participate in the AmazonSmile program. When you select NERF before shopping on Amazon.com, Amazon will make a donation to NERF!
Questions about how to use Amazon Smile? We have a "How To" guide
to walk you through it!
For more information about how to get involved with the NAADAC Education and Research Foundation, please contact Jessica Gleason at [email protected].