Minority Fellowship Program Manager
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Program Manager will be responsible for serving as the main contact between NAADAC and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Foundation while overseeing the performance of all services and the production of deliverables provided by NAADAC per agreement with NBCC.
- Attend all team meetings between NAADAC and the NBCC Foundation.
- Implement, in coordination with the NBCC Foundation, the distribution of marketing and promotional materials concerning the MFP Program to all academic institutions with Master’s level addiction programs accredited by the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC) and other graduate level accredited programs with an addiction concentration.
- Respond to all inquiries concerning the MFP and make direct referrals to the NBCC Foundation from potential applicants, participating college/university staff partners, and Advisory Committee members in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the implementation of the MFP Advisory Committee in coordination with the NBCC Foundation and support aspects of the Committee’s work.
- Work in coordination and collaboration with the NBCC Foundation in the reviewing and screening of MFP applications.
- In coordination with the NBCC Foundation-approved eligibility requirements, and NAADAC, recruit up to twenty-three (23) qualified students.
- Work in coordination and collaboration with the NBCC Foundation to supervise compliance with mentorship requirements for up to twenty (20) fellows, including tracking contact and meeting interactions and setting calls as needed.
- Participate in the fellow orientation session during the May 21-22, 2019 NBCC Foundation Symposium. Conduct, as part of the orientation, a presentation of NAADAC educational and training resources available to MFP fellows.
- Track MFP fellows taking webinars hosted by NAADAC for all fellows from NAADAC and the NBCC Foundation.
- Facilitate networking for fellows through NAADAC leadership and other constituents including introductions through email, other electronic communications, and face-to-face methods.
- Conduct training at the NAADAC Annual Conference for fellows.
- Plan, facilitate and implement fellow involvement at the NAADAC Annual Conference including special trainings, receptions, logistics, and financial supports. Specific tracking of logistics and funding for fellows will be coordinated with the NAADAC Director of Operations & Finance.
- Submit monthly activity reports and expense reports.
- Track program budget, expenses, and financial obligations, and work with the Director of Operation and Finance and the NBCC Foundation on all program-specific financial matters.
- Work with fellows to make sure all deliverables are being met.
- Develop relationships with academic institutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree in substance use disorders (SUD) strongly preferred.
- 2 or more years of program management; similar program experience preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in SUD education, minority recruitment, and/or working with transition age youth (16-25) preferred.
- Experience managing professional staff.
- Experience with grants management, budgets, and financial statements preferred.
- Strong prioritizing, multi-tasking, and organization skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Shows genuine interest in assisting persons to achieve higher education in the addiction profession.
- An interest in addiction and its impact on individuals and communities.
- The ability to assess one’s own personal and vocational strengths and limitations, biases, and effectiveness.
Amount of Travel/Special Requirement or Conditions
- May require area, out of area, and/overnight travel.
Hours Per Week:
This is an exempt position with usual work hours of 40 per week with some evening work.
How to Apply
Please email resume and optional cover letter to email@example.com with "Executive Assistant" in the subject line.