Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on December 6, 2017
The techniques taught in mindfulness play a critical role in relapse prevention. The core mindfulness skills, taken from Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), enhance a client's ability to increase awareness of the present moment, increase the time spent in the present, and be in control of his or her mind. This then decreases the amount of mood dependent behaviors, such as using drugs and alcohol and there addictive behaviors. The concepts of mindfulness can also be found all throughout the 12 step program. This presentation will offer education of mindfulness skills found in DBT and give exercises to implement in treatment and recovery to assist clients with understanding how these skills can help them with continued sobriety.
- Understand the goals of mindfulness, how it will benefit the client, and how it relates to recovery.
- Understand the basic concepts of mindfulness and how to utilize the skills with the client.
- Take away mindfulness exercises to practice immediately with the client.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Leanne Jamison, NCC, LPC, began her mindfulness journey six years ago when she began teaching the skills to her clients. Since that time, she has become intensively trained in DBT and has been teaching the mindfulness module for five years. She has engaged in her own mindfulness journey with her spiritual counselor. She has taught professionals on mindfulness in addiction therapy at the NASW conference and at trainings at Talbott Recovery Campus at Dunwoody. She has 10 years of experience in the addiction field working as a therapist, clinical supervisor for associate professionals and interns, and clinical manager at a co-occurring treatment facility.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.