Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, March 27, 2019
With the expanding use of mindfulness-based interventions in behavioral healthcare generally, and addiction counseling specifically, there have been emerging concerns over ensuring educational, training, and competency standards with these interventions. This webinar will provide an overview of six emerging guidelines for promoting competence with mindfulness-based interventions. It will also highlight adherence scales that can enhance training and supervision, as well as resources for further development.
- Define mindfulness and identify contemporary practice theories that incorporate mindfulness.
- Specify competency standards for the successful application of mindfulness-based interventions.
- Identify mindfulness adherence scales to support training, research, and supervision.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
John Paulson, ACSW, LCSW, MAC, LCAC, CCS, HS-BCP, , is an Assistant Professor of Social Work at the University of Southern Indiana. He is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor in IN and is recognized by the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP) as a Master Addiction Counselor. Paulson’s practice background is as a clinical social worker providing services for individuals with psychiatric and substance use disorders. He continues to provide clinical supervision for N.O.W. Counseling in Evansville, IN. Paulson has worked with mindfulness-based practices both personally and professionally for a number of years and has published and presented on the application of mindfulness-based interventions in clinical practice. Paulson also holds ordination as a Zen Buddhist priest with the Five Mountain Zen Order.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.