Membership Services Coordinator
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Member Service Coordinator is a front-line staff member who supports the processing and handling of all membership, constituent, and affiliate inquiries and functions. This is accomplished primarily through phone calls and emails with a strong customer service orientation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides exceptional customer service primarily by phone and email to those seeking information or assistance on various aspects of NAADAC.
- Answers and directs all incoming communication, including answering phone calls, emails, and voice mails.
- Assists with membership recruitment and retention.
- Provides constructive feedback to leadership regarding member needs based on questions and inquiries received.
- Processes and distributes all incoming mail, faxes, emails, and packages daily.
- Prepares and distributes all outgoing mail, including packages via UPS and FedEx daily.
- Processes conference/workshop registrations, including badges, tickets, & registration packets. Organizes and packs supplies and materials. Assists with other conference activities as needed.
- Assists customers with placing orders and any questions that arise.
- Assists with membership verification & updates to member information in association management system.
- Processes financial transactions daily (checks and credit cards).
- Initially processes certification applications/renewals and prepares them for review.
- Processes, prepares, and ships all product orders daily.
- Assists with monthly recruitment and renewal membership materials and invoices.
- Seeks and develops system to make the office more efficient and innovative.
- Seeks and develops new ways to perform job duties.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Associate Degree, Bachelor preferred.
- Experience with a membership organization or other customer service role is preferred.
- Experience with substance use disorder treatment and recovery would be a valuable asset but is not required.
- Comfortable working with information technology, including MS Office Suite, and willing to learn new technology. Experience with Association Management Systems preferred.
- Strong phone answering and communication skills.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Free on-site parking
- Sick leave
- Paid time off
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
How to Apply
Please email resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Membership Services Coordinator" in the subject line.
NAADAC provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. NAADAC hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.