Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, November 6, 2019
This webinar will stress the importance of doctor and counselor interactions when working with clients experiencing complex situations, including mental health diagnosis, pregnancy, pain management issues and other more complex diagnoses. We will discuss these situations from both the physician's point of view and the counselor's point of view, and the communication that is most effective among treatment team members. In these complex cases, communication regarding the treatment team is essential for the optimal situation for the client.
- Improve engagement and communication with mental health clients that are in a Medication Assisted Recovery program.
- Improve engagement and communication with pregnant and postpartum clients to help guide them to a positive outcome.
- Identify ways to utilize Medication Assisted Recovery principles with client that have a history of pain management issues.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $20 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Don Hall, LCDC, is a person in long term recovery, which to him means that he has not had a needle in his arm for recreational purposes for over 25 years. Since the initiation of his recovery, he became an LCDC in 1993 and has spent most of career working with substance using, homeless, indigent, criminal justice, and mental health individuals. He serves on the Advisory Committee of the School of Human Services of Houston Community College. He is involved with the Houston-Harris County Office of Drug Control Policy.
Michael Weaver, MD, is a Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Medical Director of the Center for Neurobehavioral Research on Addictions (CNRA) at The University of Texas Health Science Center McGovern Medical School at Houston. He received his Medical Doctor degree from Northeast Ohio Medical University, completed Residency in Internal Medicine and a Clinical Research Fellowship in Addiction Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Health System, and he is board-certified in both Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine. He has extensive experience teaching about addiction to medical students, residents, and community professionals at all levels. Weaver has multiple publications in the field of addiction medicine.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.