The NAADAC Medical Professional of the Year Award is presented to a medical professional who has made an outstanding contribution to the addiction profession. Any NAADAC member in good standing may nominate an individual for this award, which is selected by the NAADAC Awards Committee. Current members of the NAADAC Executive Committee are ineligible for this award.
To be given this award, the nominee must:
- Be currently employed in the addiction profession and actively working as such for a minimum of three years prior to receiving this award;
- Hold licensure as a Medical Doctor, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse in their respective state;
- Be an active NAADAC member in good standing (i.e., the individual must be a voting member as opposed to an honorary member or nonvoting member);
- Be working with clients/patients for a sustained period with individual or group contact that fosters recovery from addiction disorders; and
- Have demonstrated to the satisfaction of one's peers full compliance and support of NAADAC's Code of Ethics.
To nominate an addiction professional for this award, please submit (1) a letter of recommendation; (2) at least three letters of support from three different sources (individuals, organizations or agencies); (3) nominee's resume; and (4) a completed Recognition and Awards Nomination Form to:
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
ATTN: Awards Committee Chair
44 Canal Center Plaza, Ste 301
Alexandria, VA 22314.
Materials may also be faxed to the NAADAC Awards Committee (ATTN: HeidiAnne Werner, Director of Operations) at 800.377.1136 or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put "NAADAC Awards" in the subject line).
All award nominations must be received by May 31 for consideration by the NAADAC Awards Committee.
Please note NAADAC does not pay for travel to the venue of acceptance. If the award winner cannot attend the presentation, the award will be sent to the recipient.
For additional information, please contact HeidiAnne Werner at email@example.com or 800-548-0497 x101.
Past Award Recipients
2008 William F. Cote, APRN, LADC, MAC (Lyndon Center, VT)
2006 Robert Harmon (Denver, CO)