Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on January 29, 2015
Having a plain-language method for understanding and communicating how addiction develops and why some approaches are necessary and effective to initiate and sustain recovery can be very helpful in initiating and sustaining recovery. This free webinar will equip clinicians with the skills to discuss the neurobiological structures and processes involved in addictive disease, effective intervention, and relapse prevention and recovery with clients and client support systems (typically, families).
- Identify the three primary layers of the brain and their essential functions
- Explain the basic processes and structures involved in the disease of addiction
- Understand how neurobiology informs effective intervention and promotes recovery
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Dr. Dave Janzen was born into a family system with generations of addiction. Years later, as an ordained Presbyterian Minister, he discovered that the most troubled and troublesome persons he encountered in ministry were those whose families had also been affected by addiction. When he moved into counseling after 20 years of parish ministry, his undergraduate studies in psychobiology and behavioral psychology, along with post-graduate studies in marriage & family therapy evolved into a practice focused on helping addicted individuals and their families overcome the challenges of addiction. Dr. Janzen practices as an Interventionist and Recovery Coach in the Atlanta, Georgia area. View his website: www.motiventionist.com
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.