The Lifetime Honorary Membership Award recognizes an individual who has established outstanding service through a lifetime of consistent contributions to the advancement of NAADAC, the addiction profession and its professionals. Any NAADAC member in good standing may nominate an individual for this award, which is selected by the NAADAC Awards Committee. Current members of the NAADAC Executive Committee are ineligible for this award.
To be given this award, then nominee must have:
Download Award Nomination Form
- Worked in the addictions profession for a minimum period of 25 years;
- Established through research, publications, presentations or by other means, the significance of the addiction field and its professionals;
- Demonstrated leadership, service and contributions to the addiction field and its professionals; and
- Supported NAADAC's mission, vision and Code of Ethics.
To nominate an addiction professional for this award, please submit:
- a letter of recommendation documenting the sustained contribution this individual has made in their lifetime to the addiction profession and its professionals;
- at least three letters of support from three different sources (individuals, organizations or agencies);
- nominee's resume; and
- a completed Award Nomination Form.
Submissions may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to the NAADAC Awards Committee (ATTN: Diana Kamp, Sr. Membership Manager) at 703.741.7698, or by mail to:
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
ATTN: Awards Committee Chair
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301
Alexandria, VA 22314
Deadline: All award nominations much be received by May 31st for consideration.
Please note NAADAC does not pay for travel to the NAADAC Annual Conference venue for acceptance of the award at the President's Awards Luncheon. If the award winner cannot attend the event, the award will be sent to the recipient.
For additional information, please contact HeidiAnne Werner at email@example.com or 800-548-0497 x101.
Past Award Recipients
2018 Ralph Jones, LCDC, LPC (Harlington, TX)
2017 Larry Ashley, Eds, LPC, LMSW (Farwell, MI)
2015 James McKenna, LCSW, LADC I, BRI II (Worcester, MA)
2014 Claudia Black, MSW, PhD (Wickenburg, AZ)
2013 James Martin, MSW, CSW, NCAC II, MAC, CEAP, SAP (Bloomfield Hills, MI)
2012 Roger A. Curtiss (Great Falls, MT)
2008 Col. Mel Schulstad, CCDC, NCAC II (ret’d) (Sammamish, WA)
2007 Darryl Inaba (Central Point, OR)
2006 William White (Port Charlotte, FL)
2006 Marcia Lawton (Richmond, VA)
2001 David J. Mack III (North Charleston, SC)