In honor of NAADAC’s 50th Anniversary, a legend in the field who has made significant contributions to NAADAC and to the addiction profession will be honored. The NAADAC 50th Anniversary Legend Award is presented to a recognized leader and innovator in the field of addiction.
Any NAADAC member in good standing may nominate an individual for this award. Unlike the majority of the other awards and recognitions that NAADAC bestows, NAADAC members will have the opportunity to vote on which nominee should receive the award.
The NAADAC 50th Anniversary Legend Award Winner will be honored at the NAADAC 2022 Annual Conference & 50th Anniversary Celebration in Indianapolis, IN in October.
NAADAC 50th ANniversary Legend Award
The NAADAC 50th Anniversary Legend Award recognizes a leader and innovator in the field of addiction who has made significant contributions to NAADAC and to the addiction profession.
To be given this award, the nominee must:
- have a minimum of thirty years in the addiction counseling profession or related service;
- demonstrate a history of commitment to advancing the addiction profession and to growing and supporting the needs of the addiction profession;
- have led NAADAC developments at the national level to help create new programs, services, and/or trainings for addiction professionals; have a documented history in advocating for the addiction profession with lawmakers at either the state or national levels; or have otherwise contributed to the NAADAC community and the addiction profession in a meaningful and measurable way;
- be considered to be a “legend” within the NAADAC community and the field of addiction;
- be an active NAADAC member in good standing; and
- have demonstrated to the satisfaction of one's peers full compliance and support of NAADAC's Code of Ethics.
Submit a Nomination
To nominate an addiction professional for this award, please submit:
- a letter of nomination explaining how the nominee fulfills the eligibility requirements and the spirit of the award;
- at least three letters of support from three different sources (e.g., individuals, organizations or agencies) (Please note that these three letters must be from sources other than the nominator.);
- the nominee’s resume; and
- a completed Award Nomination Form.
Submissions may be sent by email to [email protected] (preferred) or by mail to:
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
ATTN: Awards Committee Chair
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301
Alexandria, VA 22314
Please note that award winners will be asked to submit a short video acknowledging their award for use by NAADAC on the NAADAC website, social media accounts, and other marketing materials. The award will be sent to an address provided by the awardee.
For additional information, please contact Quineesa Smith, BS, at [email protected] or 703.741.7686.