Government Relations Intern
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Government Relations Intern will work directly with the Executive Director to support advocacy initiatives. Tasks might include covering meetings on the Hill, working with members to develop grassroots strategies, responding to NAADAC members’ queries regarding public policy initiatives, and supporting the work of the Executive Director to develop awareness of the disease of addiction and its impact on the counselor and client. Those with an interest in public policy, and government relations should apply.
Desired Skills & Attributes for All Interns
- An interest in the field of addiction or health care;
- A self-starter;
- Excellent computer and Internet skills;
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment;
- A positive phone manner; and
Commitment & Compensation
The time commitment is 15-20 hours a week. Compensation is $300 a month. School credit may also be available. Full-time internships at a higher rate of compensation are also available.
How to Apply
Please email writing sample, cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Internship" in the subject line. In your cover letter, please include information that answers the following questions:
- Do you have any experience in health issues?
- Have you taken any relevant coursework?
- When are you available? Please include the days, times and dates.