Executive Office Intern
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Executive Office Intern will assist the Executive Director and Director of Operations to support the department in support projects and research projects for the NAADAC Board of Directors, and Executive Committee. A wide variety of projects should be expected, including long-term projects, and projects on short notice. Projects might include responding to NAADAC members’ queries, and working to support various department projects for NAADAC. Those with an interest in public administration, business administration, and/or association/non-profit management should apply.
Desired Skills & Attributes for all Interns
- An interest in the field of addiction or health care;
- A self-starter;
- Excellent computer and Internet skills;
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment;
- A positive phone manner; and
Commitment & Compensation
The time commitment is 15-20 hours a week. Compensation is $300 a month. School credit may also be available. Full-time internships at a higher rate of compensation are also available.
How to Apply
Please email writing sample, cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Internship" in the subject line. Also, in your cover letter, please include information that answers the following questions:
- Do you have any experience in health issues?
- Have you taken any relevant coursework?
- When are you available? Please include the days, times and dates.