Affiliate and Membership Relations Intern
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Affiliate and Membership Relations Intern will work with the Affiliate and Membership department to support NAADAC affiliates and membership recruitment at the national and state level. Tasks might include programs for leadership development, strategic planning, marketing, covering meetings with NAADAC leadership, working with affiliates to develop grassroots strategies, member services, and conference planning. Those with an interest in membership services, public administration, business administration, communication, non-profit management and/or marketing should apply.
Desired Skills & Attributes for All Interns
- An interest in the field of addiction or health care;
- A self-starter;
- Excellent computer and Internet skills;
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment;
- A positive phone manner; and
Commitment & Compensation
The time commitment is 15-20 hours a week. Compensation is $300 a month. School credit may also be available. Full-time internships at a higher rate of compensation are also available.
How to Apply
Please email writing sample, cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Internship" in the subject line. Also, in your cover letter, please include information that answers the following questions:
- Do you have any experience in health issues?
- Have you taken any relevant coursework?
- When are you available? Please include the days, times and dates.