Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on October 17, 2012
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder commonly co-occurs with addiction. An innovative approach to treating PTSD is Integrated Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (ICBT). Based on research funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), ICBT for PTSD gives you the tools needed to fully integrate treatment of addiction and PTSD. The program combines mindful relaxation, flexible thinking and education to provide a safe, effective and well-tolerated approach for people healing from the impact of trauma in their lives
As a result of participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- present basic information about PTSD and addiction;
- outline the research and development that went into Integrated Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (ICBT);
- explain how mindful relaxation, flexible thinking and education can be combined to help people heal from the impact of trauma in their lives;
- give a brief overview of nine modules of ICBT;
- resolve common problems that arise in the use of cognitive-behavioral therapy; and
- describe training and supervision considerations.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Andrea Meier, MS, LADC, LCMHC is on the faculty of the Department of Psychiatry at Dartmouth Medical School in Lebanon, New Hampshire. She has an extensive clinical background as a dually licensed addiction and mental health clinician in Vermont. In the past, she served as Clinical Supervisor of a co-occurring adolescent treatment program in Burlington, Vermont. Her current research and training interests are in developing the evidence-base for integrated psychosocial therapies, and understanding effective approaches to clinician training and clinical supervision. She is working with Dr. Mark McGovern in the Addiction Health Services Research section of the Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center (PRC). Current research projects funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) include topics of addiction, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and integrated treatment within community and Veteran Affairs behavioral health care centers.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
This webinar will be recorded for later viewing. Complete the registration form to receive after the live broadcast links to the free recording and the online CE Quiz.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.