Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, March 21, 2018
The National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC), an academic accreditation organization for higher education addiction studies programs, began in 2011 pursuant to an agreement between NAADAC and INCASE. NASAC accredits institutions of higher learning to provide addiction and prevention programmatic education to students. This webinar will explain how to apply for NASAC accreditation and how to meet the standards of accreditation laid out in the NASAC application packet. More information about NASAC can be found at https://nasacaccreditation.org.
- Participants will receive an overview of the application process, including information regarding where to find the application materials, the application costs, and the required application materials.
- Participants will learn how to fill out the required TAP 21 crosswalk.
- Participants will hear about the most frequently asked questions and have the chance to have their questions answered.
- Participants will learn who to contact at NASAC for additional questions
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 1 Continuing Education Hour (CE)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $15 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of who accepts NAADAC continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Diane Sevening, EdD, LAC, MAC, is an Assistant Professor at the University of South Dakota (USD) School of Health Sciences Addiction Studies (ADS) Department; she has 34 years of teaching experience. She is President of the SD Board of Addiction and Prevention Professionals (BAPP), Treasurer of the International Coalition for Addiction Studies Education (INCASE), President-Elect of NAADAC, Chair of the Student Committee for NAADAC, evaluator for the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC), and member of the NASAC Board of Commissioners.
Kirk Bowden, PhD, MAC, LPC, SAP, chairs the Addiction and Substance Use Disorder Program at Rio Salado College and is a consultant for the Addiction Counseling Program at Ottawa University. He is the immediate past president of NAADAC and serves on the Editorial Advisory Committee for NAADAC’s Advances in Addiction & Recovery magazine and as an advisory editor for the International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. He is a past-president of the International Coalition for Addiction Studies Education (INCASE). He has served on several federal agency expert panels and steering committees, including the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT), and Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC), as well as at a U.S. Congressional briefing on the opioid epidemic.
John Korkow, PhD, LAC, SAP, received his Doctorate of Philosophy in Educational Psychology from the University of South Dakota in July of 2008. He is a member of the South Dakota Addiction and Professionals Association in South Dakota, a Licensed Addiction Counselor, a member of APA division 15, a member of NAADAC, a Substance Abuse Professional with the DOT, Chair of NASAC and is past-president of INCASE. Korkow teaches in the Addiction Studies Department at the University of South Dakota and has mentored students in on-campus and on-reservation addictions related research projects.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.