Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Shame is a common denominator that runs deep through people struggling with substance use disorders. Only when shame is brought to light can it be healed through empathy and self-compassion. Utilizing the research of Brené Brown, Kristin Neff, and Tim Desmond, this workshop will discuss components and functions of shame and self-compassion from a scientific and philosophical framework and provide resources for specific tools for utilizing self-compassion in the therapy room.
- Gain an ability to differentially define concepts such as shame, guilt, self-compassion and self-esteem and how these relate to addiction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the components of self-compassion and how they affect the psyche.
- Utilize mindfulness and self-compassion to manipulate psychic distress through visualizations and simple somatic interventions.
Education is FREE to all professionals
Earn 2 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, pass the CE quiz, and complete the online survey evaluation.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $25 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, you will be required to complete the survey evaluation for the course. Once that is completed, your CE certificate will be immediately available in your account in the NAADAC Education Center to download and print. All certificates will be stored in the NAADAC Education Center under your profile name. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your CE quiz and download your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is NOT eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours or NASW CE hours.
Sarah Buino, LCSW, CADC, CDWF, is the founder of Head/Heart Therapy, Inc. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Addictions Counselor, Certified Daring WayTM facilitator, and adjunct faculty member at Loyola University. She holds a Master’s degree from Loyola University in Chicago and specializes in shame and substance use disorders. Buino integrates her knowledge of complementary healing modalities such as music, yoga, reiki, and the chakra system into her clinical practice to help clients enhance their authenticity. She is also the host of a podcast (Conversations with a Wounded Healer) which examines the role of one’s own healing while being a care-giving professional.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.