Free NAADAC Webinar
A Recorded Webinar
As of January 2023, registration and CE quiz and Certificate access for the NAADAC Free Webinar Series are available in the NAADAC Education Center
. Click here
to learn about the NAADAC Education Center
Recorded on Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Traditional treatment is designed for those with a severe alcohol use disorder, leaving the majority experiencing problems without appropriate services. With the DSM-5 now viewing substance use disorders on a spectrum, clinicians need resources appropriate for all levels of alcohol use. There is over 50 years of research that supports the harm reduction strategy of alcohol moderation as an effective treatment option. Upon completion, attendees will be able to: describe why harm reduction is an effective treatment option, predict who is a candidate for alcohol moderation using the Alcohol Moderation Assessment, develop and monitor an alcohol moderation plan, and utilize alcohol moderation tools.
Cyndi Turner, LCSW, LSATP, MAC, is the Co-Founder and CEO of Insight Into Action Therapy and Insight Recovery Centers. She has been a harm reduction therapist in the addiction treatment field for almost three decades. Turner co-developed and facilitates the Dual Diagnosis Recovery Program©. She is a clinical supervisor for licensure, an expert witness, a therapist for players involved in the NFL Program for Substances of Abuse, and is a nationally recognized trainer. Turner designed the Alcohol Moderation Assessment which predicts who may be a successful candidate for alcohol moderation and wrote: Can I Keep Drinking? How You Can Decide When Enough is Enough, The Clinician’s Guide to Alcohol Moderation: Alternative Methods and Management Techniques, and Practicing Alcohol Moderation: A Comprehensive Workbook.
Craig James, LCSW, LSATP, MAC, has been in the addiction treatment field for over twenty years. He is the Co-Founder & Director of Operations of Insight Into Action Therapy and Insight Recovery Centers. He co-developed and implements the Dual Diagnosis Recovery Program© and is a nationally recognized trainer on alcohol moderation and harm reduction. James serves on the boards of Dandelion Meadow, Virginia Association of Addiction Professionals, and Loudoun County Community Services Board.
- Participants will be able to describe two ways why harm reduction is an effective treatment option for the majority of alcohol users.
- Participants will be able to predict in three different ways who is a candidate for alcohol moderation using the Alcohol Moderation Assessment.
- Participants will be able to develop and monitor an alcohol moderation plan using at least three different tools.
- Intermediate level courses provide information that builds on knowledge practitioners with some experience already have. These courses focus on skill-building or adding knowledge, possibly following a brief overview of basic information, and involve using information in concrete situations and understanding the underlying structure of the material.
Polls and Q&A.
Education is FREE to all professionals.
Earn 2 Continuing Education Hours (CEs)
To earn a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar, you must view the webinar in its entirety, complete the online evaluation, and pass the CE quiz.
- Upon completing the webinar, you will have access to the CE quiz within the course you are taking. Find the CE quiz in the NAADAC Education Center and click “purchase.” NAADAC members will be prompted to register for the CE quiz for free, while non-members will be prompted to pay a $25 processing fee to access the quiz.
- A score of 80% or higher is required to pass the CE quiz and access your CE certificate. You have 10 opportunities to pass the quiz. If you are unable to pass the quiz in the allocated number of tries, then you must retake the course.
- Upon passing the CE quiz, your CE certificate will be immediately available to download in your account in the NAADAC Education Center. Click here for detailed step-by-step instructions for accessing your CE quiz and downloading your CE certificate.
Click here for a complete list of organizations who approve NAADAC to provide continuing education hours.
This webinar is eligible for ASWB ACE CE hours. Click here for NAADAC Social Worker certificate instructions.
This course meets the qualifications for two (2) hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Who Should Attend
Addiction professionals, employee assistance professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists, and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about addiction-related matters.
Live closed captioning is available and the captioning capabilities are in compliance with the practices defined in Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, transcripts are available for on-demand webinars recorded on and after March 27, 2019.
Questions, comments, or concerns about NAADAC Education? Take a look at our Webinar FAQs or email NAADAC.
Click here to learn about system requirements for NAADAC Webinars.
Click here to learn about the NAADAC Education Center.
This presentation is for individual use only and may not be reproduced without permission from NAADAC.